Town of Middleburg
The Town of Middleburg has an immediate opening for a full-time Finance Director who will also function as the Town Treasurer. This key leadership position is responsible for financial planning and analysis, budgeting, cash management, accounting and financial reporting, debt management, procurement, and other municipal finance-related tasks. The Town is seeking a dynamic leader with a desire to make a positive impact on a historic, tight-knit community.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
– Manage the receipt and accounting of all taxes and other monies and revenue due and payable to the Town, and make the deposits in such bank or banks as the Council may direct.
– Ensure all expenditures are appropriate and accounted for, properly recording all disbursements of Town funds.
– Provide strategic analysis and regular reports on the current and future financial status of the Town, to include long-term
planning to ensure the ongoing fiscal health of the Town.
– Partner with Department Heads to ensure that the annual budget process is conducted in a strategic and purposeful manner, to include development of key performance measures.
– Prepare monthly financial statements, report the statements to the Council on a monthly basis, and ensure that the Departments are within the authorized budget amounts.
– Prepare bi-weekly Town payroll, including receipt of employee time sheets and payment of all payroll taxes and insurance premiums.
– Manage the water/sewer accounts, record any changes, and oversee the preparation of bi-monthly water/sewer bills.
– Implement continuous process improvement by using technology and evaluating business practices.
– Provide supervision to the Office Manager/Accounting Assistant, who is the primary customer service representative of the Town.
To apply for this job please visit bakertilly.recruitmenthome.com.